12.03.2010

Before and after

Sometimes you ask me about lighting so I thought I would share some photos.



Two heads lighting the background, bouncing into the polyboards, mostly to avoid camera flare.



The main light is a Beauty Dish with reflector and the second light is a Balloon. A beauty dish is probably my favourite light source, besides ambient, when it comes to portraits. It gives a beautiful fall off, eg. this shot (top one). The balloon is completely underrated but gives an amazingly soft light. I use it a lot for beauty shots.

The combination of a beauty dish and a balloon isn’t typical I guess, but I find using just a beauty dish will be too harsh for a fashion shoot. Big soft boxes are easy and reliable, but can give a too flat light. It depends on what you shoot of course. 



Hugo Boss Love



Make up artist and hair stylist Karolina Danielson. Model Caroline.



And ready to go.

Caroline II

2 comments:

Ula said...

your studio set up is most impressive, one day I hope to have one similar to this, I am making the steps though... =)

becca said...

tycker riktigt mycket om de här bilderna. väldigt vackra.