12.30.2009

2009

It has been a busy year. It was my final year at the photographic course at RMIT. It was also a lot of fun and I met so many new lovely people this year, stylists, hair-stylists, photographers, make-up artists, artists and models.

I had my first show of the year in July and exhibited an underwater series – Let It Fall that I photographed back in Sweden last Christmas. It didn’t quite make it to the final in Projections, but was given a highly commended in the art category.

Let it Fall XII

The second show, the graduation show at Eckersley’s Gallery in November was intended to be the last show, but then there was Hogan Gallery this month. It was kind of unexpected but I was happy to be a finalist in portrait in Edge Photo Imaging Awards.




This series was one of the beauty shoots I enjoyed the most this year.



In June I went up to Sydney and the APPA Awards. It is the highlight of photographic events of the year and AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photography) arranged seminars, cocktail parties and award dinners. It was so much fun and I was very happy for my 2 silvers in portraiture.

Bree

Self

The top photo was part of a photojournalist series I did of a contemporary dancer. I got to hang out in the dance studios every week and I absolutely loved it.

I also got a new website.

I look forward to 2010 and there will be a lot of changes in my life next year. Enjoy the last hours of 2009 and see you in 2010. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Louis Duke said...

These are amazing! :)